Thursday 9 April 2015

Finalising the lights

Yesterday was my last day on Easter holidays and I wanted to make sure I had all the lights sorted out before going back to work. So I headed off to the lighting shops with my three kids in tow. I guess you can imagine how hideous my quest became. They we all a bit hyped up yet over tired after a big long weekend and light shopping was not on their to do list. I quickly became anxious and stressed and even more so after my littlest left her pillow at the first shop and we had to go back again.

I ordered one light at Early Settler.


Hmmm ..... it has been removed from their website now. Hope that isn't a bad sign as they are ordering it in for me. It was on sale. Was $399 and I got it for $279.

The next one I bought was from an online store called Cape Code Designs and was also on sale. Was $299 and I paid $199 plus $25 postage. Not sure how long it will take to arrive but hope it is quick.

The next ones are all from Beacon Lighting. I was really struggling with the pendants for the kitchen island. I initially had my heart set on these from The Block Shop.





But after some poor customer service from them, I changed my mind.

I asked my neighbour to come down and help me decide. She is doing he own renovation at the moment so we had a great time chatting about paint and lights and layouts. We came up with these:
Husk 400mm Pendant in Matt White/Ash
I need two for over the island bench. They are a bit more modern that I had in mind but these were the best we could find.

Then for outside the back door, I am getting 2 of these:









Portland 1 Light Medium Wall Sconce in Antique Black











Then the last decision was the fans. David wanted those big tropical ones that look like big palm fronds. But I thought they would look too cluttered on our lower ceiling. He is trusting my judgement and was happy with my alternate choice. We thought something that looked like propellers  would work well too. We found this from the Josh and Jenna range:
Airfusion Akmani 152cm DC Fan in Oil Rubbed Bronze/Koa
The best part is we got them all at an amazing price thanks to a contact that he made through a previous customer whose house he worked on. Thanks David!

It sure pays to have people who know people. If we had bought them in store it would have cost us $1894 (and that was already with the 25% lighting discount at the moment, so full price was $2066) and we are paying around $1170. So close to a $50 discount off RRP. Amazing!!

The lights we already purchased are these:



Mechanics 1 Light Cage Pendant in BlackSouthampton 1 Light Pendant in Antique Black

I am so excited to see them all in place now and have been walking around with a big smile all day.

In other progress, the upstairs ceiling is still getting framed and levelled.


It is getting dark in the afternoons now, so there will be more night time photos from now on.

Cheers,
Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment