Thursday 21 January 2016

Ensuite inspiration

* All pictures from my Pinterest board*

I have been so undecided when it comes to the look of the ensuite.

It would be easy to go modern and simple like this:
tails 

I could simply buy something off the shelf like this from Ikea. However will it look outdated in 3 years time? Probably.
GODMORGON / ODENSVIK Wash-stand with 4 drawers IKEA 10 year guarantee. Read about the terms in the guarantee brochure. 
Or I could do something more in keeping with the rest of the house. But I may need a custom benchtop and cabinetry.
his and hers sinks in a small area.. this is similar to the ikea sinks. 
But then I really love these too:
Master bathroom with herringbone wood floor, marble shower and countertops, white cabinets, double vanity | Ali Budd Interiors:  
Master Bathroom Vanity Makeover | Centsational Girl 
Stylish Family Home with Transitional Interiors Kohler Purist (R) wall mount sink faucet and cross handles. Like wall paneling, marble, grey vanity. Pair with subway tile, black or nickel sconces, recessed sink. CR 
Fingal Residence by Jam Architecture
So many nice options. I really need to think what would work best in such a small space though. Also think about the storage as I will need to keep all our own toiletries in there. It needs to be practical.

Cheers,
Nat

2 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie,

    You look like you've been trying to work with the age of your house, so I'd try and work that in with the bathroom, too. The Shaker style still looks streamlined enough, without looking too modern or too old. I like the idea of lining board on the walls, or maybe some board and batten?

    What I will say to you, is choose very carefully, and choose what is really you. It's a very expensive process to later change a bathroom, or kitchen, because you went with a trend which isn't really you. I did that when we built 6 years ago, went modern and streamlined, when my inherent style is really old weatherboard houses, etc. It's difficult to justify replacing bathrooms and kitchen, because I've now figured out what style I truly resonate with. It's costing loads to try and adapt them. Have a look at your pinterest board and see if there's a pattern emerging in what pic's you've collected. Living in a house which doesn't resonate with who you really are, is pretty disappointing when you put so much into it. I'd be doing a lot of looking at images if I were you. I wish I had!

    The house is looking so lovely, I'm sure you'll find the right answer.
    Cheers, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz you are so right. I wish I had listened to my instinct when I chose my kitchen cabinets 10 years ago. I too went with the modern style at the time and I was never truly happy with them.

      So back to my pinterest board I go ;)
      Thanks for your sound advice.
      Cheers,
      Nat

      Delete