Sunday 31 July 2016

Preping and painting the kicthen and floor

This weekend we worked our butts off.

I was given the challenge a few weeks ago (by Dave) to have the kitchen area all painted by the 1st of August when the floors were getting sanded. I had been doing the prep (filling holes, sanding etc) for a few weeks and this weekend I wanted to smash out the rest. I didn't think I could, but I did it! So I painted the ceiling with a fresh coat of ceiling white and I did the walls in Valspar Montpelier. Just didn't do the trims yet. Also I painted the kitchen window black on the inside and spray painted the fly screen to match (not pictured).

Sorry the photos are so bad. Not sure what is going on with the camera on my phone.

Me rolling the walls

The colour in the kitchen area
This is the only before shot I could find.
Before

The black window to match the laundry and painted walls and ceiling.
The other big job was to get the floorboards ready for sanding which is starting today. So Dave installed the step at the bathroom.

He then top nailed the floor and punched all the holes.
 Even under the stairs.
 There was flooring that still had to be laid in the small linen cupboard and under the dishwasher, which is broken, so we removed it.
He hung up the dryer temporarily so it was out of the way and put the washing machine in the bathroom again.
He also added the weatherboards to the gable on the roof. No way I am getting up there to paint that though.
So while the floors are getting done this week, we are staying around the corner in some cabins. This means we are forced to have a renovating break for this time. How nice!!

Can't wait to see the finished product later in the week.
Stay tuned!

Cheers,
Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment