Monday 24 February 2014

Living room mood boards


Today I have been playing around with mood boards for the living room. I tried the free program Polyvore.com. It is good but you have to use the sponsored products based in the US. But this is what I came up with.

Living room mood board from Polyvore.

Then I just did on in MS Word with mostly Australian sourced products.

Living room mood board with local products
See that awesome painting above? My brilliant artist sister in law painted that. She does awesome work. Check it out here. Out of our modest budget but I can dream huh.

The couch is from Pottery Barn in Sydney as is the coffee table. The cushion is from Freedom Furiture. I would use my existing jute rug from Ikea. The fan is like the one we have in our bedroom; it is from Early Settler.

It is actually harder that I thought to make these things. Obviously I don't have that eye for interior design. I just know what I like.

Cheers,

4 comments:

  1. Nat, the polyvore mood board looks great. I love it. I will check out the details on Polyvore since I love all those products. I've discovered that Polyvore does have Freedom and Ikea products and some of the American brands that are now in Australia. Your sister-in-law's painting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am sure I will change my mine a hundred times before the reno is done. So hard to decide what I like most.

      Nat
      xx

      Delete
  2. I've spent more than a few good hours on Polyvore doing mood boards, it's kind of addictive once you start. BTW, you can add Australian products to Polyvore using Clipper - follow this link (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/clipper) and set it up and you can add whatever you like!

    Your mood boards look great and the painting is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clipper huh! Maybe you shouldn't have told me. Now I will waste even more time dreaming what my place could look like.

      Thank you for replying.

      Nat
      xx

      Delete