Thursday 29 January 2015

Painting and sanding and stuff

So during this week I got stuck into filling and sanding the back of the house on the lower level. Tonight Dave finished off the sanding and is currently (8:45pm) putting an undercoat on.

The little bit I got painted the other day

Painting up the ladder
But on a more exciting note, the staircase guy called yesterday to give us an update on the status of the staircase building. He said the blackbutt treads are all cut, the stringers are doing and now they are working on the posts. They said it could be installed early to mid NEXT WEEK!!  Oh my goodness this is so very exciting and I can't wait that long. I hope it looks as good as I imagine and I hope I am not disappointed. Eek that is a bit scarey at the same time as being exciting.

I am watching The Block right now and saw in last nights reveal that the winners used blackbutt on their feature wall and when I saw it I was thrilled that we are doing blackbutt. It was gorgeous and the judges loved it too.

Cheers,
Nat

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! How amazing you must feel. Looking forward to the staircase update. Alison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Alison. I am counting the sleeps like it is Christmas :)

      Delete