Sunday, 29 March 2015

Boys room panelled ceiling

You may recall that we had a delivery of EasyCraft VJ paneled sheet on Thursday; well this weekend we got up the first sheet. There was quite a bit of preparation that had to be done first. We had to add in extra timber to carry the sheets. This involved sorting through our big timber pile in the backyard to find some nice straight and non-mouldy lengths. Ended up with very close to enough to do the whole ceiling saving us money! Yay!

Then they had to be straightened by planing and packing them.

We did have to buy a sheet lifter which was about $250 and some screws and more stud adhesive.

But finally we got one up in Sam's room.
Our new sheet lifter in action

I also painted two gloss coats of water-based painted on the two front windows. The colour I chose is called The Hamptons by Valspar.

I think I might do one more coat though to be safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment